2 looong days of painting.
(Dan was out of town, of course.)
And pizza because I didn't cook.
And audio book listening -
History of Joseph Smith by Lucy Mack Smith
(I listened to almost the whole thing while I painted!)
One of the most gratifying things about painting
is when you slowly pull the tape away
and the crisp, clean lines are revealed -
the beautiful contrast between
the paint and the wood
the beautiful contrast between
the paint and the wood
or the paint and the white edges.
It makes me happy.
A few weeks later,
and after some much needed help
from my amazing friend and neighbor Edd
choosing tile
(everyone needs a neighbor like her),
the next stage began . . .
These glass tiles will be inserted into the diamond shapes
that have been cut into the slate tile.
(You know, selecting "random" locations
for placing the glass tile inserts
is very deliberate
and time intensive.)
(You know, selecting "random" locations
for placing the glass tile inserts
is very deliberate
and time intensive.)
I can't wait to see the slate sealed -
the color is richer.
Here is a photo of pre-sealed/post-sealed slate
from the demo area at Lowe's (I think)
I'll will post an After picture of the kitchen.
I really will.
I know I haven't posted any Christmas photos.
There are so many.
I will do it soon.





No comments:
Post a Comment